Your brain is amazing. Even more amazing? How much it’s fueled by your body. Healthy habits like sleep, eating right, and managing stress all have a significant impact on your brain. But there’s one habit above all others that’ll get your gray matter going— and it’s exercise.
Find it hard to make time to work out? Here are 5 steps to help you get moving (and power up your brain).
1. ADD IT TO THE AGENDA
- Stay accountable when your day’s planned around some exercise.
- 20 min: Time needed on a bike to immediately feel a positive impact on mood.
2. WORK OUT WHEREVER
- Packed schedule? Fit in activity any way you can.
- 23% Increase in productivity on days people exercise.
3. DO IT DAILY
- When exercise becomes routine, you’re less inclined to skip out.
- 10-40 min: Time exercising needed to boost concentration and focus.
4. STEP OUTSIDE
- Explore the great outdoors if your workouts start to feel drab. Exercising outside eases brain fatigue and lowers stress hormones.
5. BUDDY UP
- If motivation’s low, a workout pal’s key for recharging. Coworkers, spouses, partners, & family members encourage people to get and stay healthy.